FAQ - Membership Types
It is not for a membership for a dog, but for the person who owns the dog. It is not called a breeding licence
What are the different membership types?
- Ordinary – Single member over the age of 18 years old.
- Dual/Joint – Two members over 18 years of age residing at the same address
- Aged Pensioner – Single member with a government issued Aged Pensioner card
- Joint Aged Pensioner – Two members at the same address with a government issued aged pensioner card
[WE ONLY ACCEPT AGED PENSIONER CARDS ONLY FOR THIS RATE]
- Senior – Member of the age of 65 with 20 continuous years of membership with Dogs Victoria
- Secondary – Single member living at the same address as an Ordinary member. No magazine issued.
- Junior – Member aged between 7-18 years of age, and must be attached to a parent/guardian membership
- Companion – Member only for use of facilities and not a full membership. Cannot breed, show or trial with this membership. Includes ONE free transfer of a Limited Register pedigree.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Discounted council registration of your dog
- Member discounts on many dog-related and other products and services
- Subscription to Dogs Victoria Magazine, our monthly glossy publication that keeps you informed about canine issues in Victoria
- Breeder Education - prefix accreditation program (open book exam)
- Access to the Laurie Luxmoore library where you can find out all you want on dogs from Dogs Victoria's extensive collection of books and videos
- Research facilities (providing information on pedigrees, etc.)
- Participation in Dogs Victoria events such as dog shows, obedience and other trials
- Helping us to maintain the Canine Health Research Foundation
- Facilities at KCC Park and Bulla
- Dogs Victoria is YOUR government lobbyist (defending and fighting for the rights of dog owners)
To become a member of Dogs Victoria simply complete the Application for New Membership and submit to Dogs Victoria along with a photocopy of photo ID. Applications can be posted, faxed or scanned/emailed.