Affiliates (Clubs) List
CLICK HERE to download the Contact List for all Dogs Victoria Affiliated Clubs (updated 14/06/2022)
How to become an Affiliated Club
- New affiliation applications shall be made in writing to the office of the VCA (email@example.com) and must include
- a statement of the reasons for the application
- the current affiliation fee and insurance levy for members of the affiliate who are not members of the VCA
- a copy of the Constitution or Rules and any Regulations and/or By-Lays of the body
- an undertaking by the committee of the body that the body and its office bearers will be bound, upon affiliation, by the Constitution, Rules, Regulations, Code and directives of the VCA
- a copy of the Certificate of Registration an an incorporated body
- all office bearers (president, secretary, treasurer) must be ordinary financial members of the VCA
- Once received the application for affiliation shall be referred to
- Constitution, Rules & Regulations Committee for vetting against the CR&R and Codes of the VCA and ANKC Ltd
- Committee of the applicable discipline fore recommendation to the Management Committee
- Affiliations granted by the VCA are for the residual part of the current year unless specified otherwise in the approval
- It shall be a condition of affiliation that the incorporated body holds its AGM in a public place and not in the private property of a member or person associated with a member of the affiliate
Full details regarding eligibility and requirements are documented in section 3.4 Affiliated Bodies of the VCA Regulations document found here
Puppies participate in the beginners classes of all affiliates. The following Affiliates actually state they offer specific puppy classes:
If you are an Affiliated Club of Dogs Victoria and require assistance, whether administrative related or holding an event, our Conformation Committee are on hand to offer advice. Contact details here.
20.5 Code of Practice for Affiliates
VCA approval to conduct a fixture is on the understanding that the affiliate will endeavour to conduct and manage the fixture ensuring that the activities are an enjoyable experience for all members and that the fixture represents a public showcase of VCA activities.
- 20.5.1 The affiliate is to ensure that ANKC judges contracts are completed fully and reflect all of the affiliate’s requirements, especially in relation to embargoes.
- 20.5.2 The show secretary is to ensure that contracted conformation judges are notified of the number of exhibits entered for each breed. Such notification is to be communicated in writing so as to reach the judges at least seven days before the date of the show.
- 20.5.3 The affiliate committee is to ensure that non Australian judges are briefed on the VCA and ANKC procedures for judging.
- 20.5.4 Affiliate committee personnel involved in facilitating judges shall not handle dogs under those judges nor participate at the competition area in such a way as to compromise the perception of fairness.
- 20.5.5 The show secretary is to ensure that entry fees are banked promptly to ensure that invalid cheques / payments are identified.
- 20.5.6 The show manager is to ensure that all stewards are competent in the duties required of them, and arrange appropriate support where necessary.
- 20.5.7 The affiliate is to ensure adequate provision for and maintenance of parking, toilets, foodstuffs [if applicable], first aid, competition and exhibitor areas.
- 20.5.8 The affiliate is to ensure that safe and unimpeded access is provided around and to the rings.
- 20.5.9 The affiliate committee is to appoint a VCA representative as required by VCA regulations and provide the administrative and logistic support required by VCA procedures - fixture incidents / complaints.
- 20.5.10 Aggressive dog incidents are to be dealt with in accordance with VCA regulation 3.5.6.
- 20.5.11 The affiliate committee is to ensure that persons attending the fixture comply with acceptable standards of behaviour, and therefore the committee is to be fully conversant with the VCA procedures - fixture incidents / complaints.